- Has 4 yellowish stripes down its brownish to olive-grey back. Grows to be
about 3 in. (7.5 cm) long.
- Large pool with lots of wet land masses and plant covering for security.
Read more information on this subject in the Housing Your Pet Frog
(see the Frog Doctor for details on illness prevention.)
- Like most frogs...it eats insects etc. (See my page on Dealing with Crickets for more info.)
- Jumpy and alert. Its a nervous type of frog but apparently is very hardy and adopts well to
captivity. It apparently prefers the company of other frogs.
- Miscellaneous Facts:
- The carpenter frog can be found anywhere in the lower half of the American east
coast. It tends to live in bogs and dense slow moving streams.
This picture courtesy of Animal Diversity Web.
69KB AU file
Back to Species Info Page.
Back to Frequently Asked Questions About Pet Frogs.
Back to FROGLAND.